Pixel Soldier is (maybe) the very first Shoot ‘n’ Dash. Fight against frantic bosses, while quickly dodging their attacks. Disregard gravity while walking on walls and jumping from one side of the room to another. With a minimalist yet dynamic 4-color aesthetic that doesn’t distract from the pure arcade action gameplay. Do you have what it takes to beat all stages?
Pixel Soldier started as an entry for the GBJAM 5 in October 2016, which required to make a game inspired by the GameBoy, with a limited screen resolution and using only 4 colors. It placed 12th out of 398 games in the category Overall Gameplay.
It has been in development ever since, and Early Access updates can be played for free on Itch.io.
- Fast-paced action Gameplay
- Shoot and Dash your way through various stages (~6 eventually)
- Fight just as many bosses
- 4 different weapons offering different playstyles
- Boss Rush + Speed Run modes
- Dynamically changing 4-color palette
- Simple pick up and play gameplay and controls
Developer: Accidently Awesome Studios, based in Graz, Austria
Early Access Release: right now, pay what you want (free), go play it
Release: Late 2017-ish
Platforms: PC, Mac, Linux [and Android (beta)]
Development Updates: @aawesomestudios
Screenshots (sadly, always out of date)
Awards and Special Achievements
- #12 out of 398 in Category Gameplay for GBJAM5
- One of the Jam Favorites by Jupiter Hadley
- SAGA Award Finalist
Sent inquiries to: contact [at] accidentlyawesome.com