Pixel Soldier is a fast-paced game about fighting frantic bosses, while quickly dodging their attacks. Disregard gravity while walking on walls and jumping from one side of the room to another. With a minimalist yet dynamic 4-color aesthetic that doesn’t distract from the pure arcade action gameplay. Do you have what it takes to beat all stages?
Pixel Soldier started as an entry for the GBJAM 5 in October 2016, which required to make a game inspired by the GameBoy, with a limited screen resolution and using only 4 colors. It placed 12th out of 398 games in the category “Overall Gameplay”.
It has been in development ever since, and Early Access updates can be played for free on Itch.io.
- Fast-paced action Gameplay
- Shoot and Dash your way through several stages
- Fight even more bosses
- Speedrun Leaderboards
- Various weapons offering different playstyles
- Boss Rush + Speed Run modes
- Dynamically changing 4-color palette
- Simple pick up and play gameplay and controls
Developer: Accidently Awesome Studios, based in Graz, Austria
Early Access Release: right now, pay what you want (free), go play it
Release: Late 2018-ish (Sign up to the Newsletter here)
Platforms: PC, Mac, Linux [and Android (beta)]
Development Updates: @aawesomestudios
Awards and Special Achievements
- #12 out of 398 in Category Gameplay for GBJAM5
- One of the Jam Favorites by Jupiter Hadley
- SAGA Award Finalist
Sent inquiries to: contact [at] accidentlyawesome.com