Roto Force is a fast-paced game about fighting frantic bosses, while quickly dodging their attacks. Disregard gravity while walking on walls and jumping from one side of the room to another. With a minimalist yet dynamic 4-color aesthetic that doesn’t distract from the pure arcade action gameplay. Do you have what it takes to beat all stages?
Roto Force started as an entry for the the GBJAM 5 in October 2016 (under the name Pixel Soldier), which required to make a game inspired by the GameBoy, with a limited screen resolution and using only 4 colors. It placed 12th out of 398 games in the category “Overall Gameplay”.
It has been in development ever since, and Early Access updates can be played for free on Itch.io.
- Fast-paced action Gameplay
- Shoot and Dash your way through several stages
- Fight even more bosses
- Various weapons offering different playstyles
- Dynamically changing 4-color palette
- Simple pick up and play gameplay and controls
Developer: Accidently Awesome, based in Graz, Austria
Early Access Demo: go play it (free)
Platforms: PC, Mac, Linux, (Steam + Itch.io), Android, iOS
Awards and Special Achievements
- #12 out of 398 in Category Gameplay for GBJAM5
- One of the Jam Favorites by Jupiter Hadley
- SAGA Award Finalist 2017
- Best Concept at ReVersed Vienna 2018
- Subotron Live Pitch #10 Finalist 2019
- Best Action – DreamHack Summer 2019
- SAGA Award Winner 2020 – Local Star Award
Team & Game Logo
Send inquiries to: contact [at] accidentlyawesome.com